Monday, August 31, 2009

CAMP VERDE, AZ

This past weekend we headed up north to my parents house in Camp Verde, AZ. If I had to describe the setting, it's somewhere between desert and mountains. I like it because it feels like we are going out of town but really it's only an hour away and if we make good time we can make it in 45 minutes. We usually make a weekend or night out of it, and I love that I get to relax too!

This trip we went to Prescott Valley for the day on Saturday. It was cooler weather and we hit a place called Freedom Station. It's a family play place and the kids had a blast! They have an indoor "treehouse" climbing thing, games, mini-golf, and bumper cars. We only tackled the "treehouse" but were lucky enough that they were having some type of beach party so they had lots of blow up houses (wet and dry) outside to conquer. Cutter and Christian were thoroughly entertained!




Going to my parents house is the best because the boys pretty much get to do whatever makes them happy! I am usually parked at the kitchen table reading a magazine so I guess when I am not looking this is what happens....

One of their favorite things to do is to jump on or I should say off the bed. Of course this always seems to be the best activity and always timed perfect at bedtime. I want them to chill and they want to go NUTS!!! I swear they are going to break their necks one of these days! They have their own room up there, which my mom so beautifully painted and decorated with an outdoor bearscape to it, BUT Cutter sleeps in our room, on a mattress moved in from their room. So it really brings the whole jumping thing into a new realm of craziness! As I said before..."oh the joys of boys!"

Needless to say we had a great time and the weather was nice too! We thought we would get a storm but it passed us. Of course when we were leaving today it started to rain! Excellent! Thanks mom and dad for a great time and all the food!!! Hopefully we'll be back soon!


1 comment:

  1. LOOKS LIKE A GOOD TIME. NOTHING LIKE FAMILY FUN ADN GOOD COOKING.

    ReplyDelete